Except for Indians, all other nationalities require a visa to enter Bhutan. A Bhutan Visa can be processed by an authorized local agency such as Trophel Tours & Treks. Bhutanese embassies abroad are not authorized to grant tourist visas. Upon receipt of required details for Visa and copy of passport, we will process it with the Department of Tourism and Department of Immigration. Good lead time of ten working days, if not more is required to have it approved. It is an accepted practice for the Department of Tourism to releases visa between 7-15 days before the date of travel, even if one may have applied months ahead. Historical data suggest that Tourist Visa to Bhutan has seldom been denied; needless to say, there is nothing for you to be worried about.
What you need to do
1. Ensure that your passport is valid for six months or more.
2. Send the copies of passport to you local agent ( Colored). Your agent will apply for the visa
3. Upon receipt of approved visa, bring a copy with you. You will be required to present while boarding Druk Air.
5. Bring two copies of passport size photographs required at immigration in the airport for actual stamping of Visa.
1. Maintain all correspondence via email to ensure your request is clear and understood.
2. Send Passport details via email to avoid spelling errors.
3. Request approved visa via email to ensure it is clear. Always check the dates of travel and name.
Trophel Tours & Treks is accredited by Tourism Council of Bhutan (License No: 1030972) and member of Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) and Global Sustainable Tourism Council.