Mired in myth and mystery, mostly misunderstood, Bhutan has always been an intriguing country in the minds of many. For those who have already visited the place, traveling to Bhutan is just about getting in touch with a local travel agency, who will make the logistics as seamless as possible. However for those who are yet to understand the logistics, many find arranging a holiday to Bhutan, to be a tedious process. logistics for traveling to Bhutan is a relatively simple process. As the tourism industry is regulated by the government, following of process is imperative. Key process is underlined below for your understanding.
1. Any tour to Bhutan has to be pre-packaged, pre-booked and pre-paid prior to arrival. It advisable to book tours at least a month in advance. Last minute booking can be done with a lead time of 14 days.
2. The government of Bhutan has fixed a minimum daily tariff of US$ 250 per person per day in high season and USD 200 per person on low season . The Minimum tariff includes following.
3. High Season Months: March, April, May, September, October, November. Low Season Months: January, February, June, July, August, December.
4. Apart from the above rates the following additional surcharges is added on the minimum rate quoted above.
Your total cost will work out as follows in high season.
Your total cost will work out as follows in low season.
4. Once the tour is confirmed we will handle all administrative work such as
5. Other costs you will incur are as follows:
6. In order for us to process the visa, we require the following.
The Aman Resort, Uma Paro, Zhiwaling Hotel, Taj Tashi and Terima Linca are the only hotels extending five-star service and accommodation facilities. As the minimum government tariff does not include accommodation arrangement in 5-star hotels, an arrangement can be made for you to stay in these properties at an additional surcharge.
Bhutan Flights - Drukair & Bhutan Airlines.
Price varies according to sector, class and season. Approximate price range could be between US$ 240 – US$ 740 per person. Departure tax at the airport is normally included in the price of your ticket. We are the authorized passenger's sales agent for Royal Bhutan Airlines and therefore will be able to offer ticketing services as well. Alternatively, the ticket can be purchased online from the Airlines website. Bhutan is connected to following international destinations:
1. Bangkok ( Thailand)
2. Delhi ( India)
3. Kathmandu (Nepal)
4. Bagdogra ( India)
5. Kolkata ( India)
6. Mumbai (India)
8. Guwahati ( India)
9. Gaya ( India)
The discounts stated below can be applied in the tariff depending on the cases discussed below
All tour payments are to be made via wire transfer of funds upon confirmation. A Bhutan visa can only be applied upon remittance of the fund. All monetary transaction between the clients and the agents are strictly monitored by Tourism council of Bhutan due to their particular interest in government taxes.
Trophel Tours & Treks is accredited by Tourism Council of Bhutan (License No: 1030972) and member of Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) and Global Sustainable Tourism Council.